*VIDEO TOUR AVAILABLE ON REQUEST* The property comprises a Grade II listed property dating from the 17th century that we understand was originally a large house. It was subsequently extended and divided to form 4 cottages: 2 having three bedrooms and the other 2 having two bedrooms (please note 1 of the units does not currently have a kitchen). More recently it was used as a B & B and the units are known as 2 Monks Rest, Monks Rest, Abbots Retreat and Bishops Crest.
The site area extends to approximately 0.06 Hectares (0.16 Acres) and the property is considered to have potential for development, or reconfiguring the layout, subject to obtaining the necessary consents.
The property fronts the High Street in Barrow-upon-Humber, which is a village that lies approximately 2.5 miles to the east of Barton-upon-Humber and 6 miles south of Hull.
2 Monks Rest:
Ground Floor: Entrance Hall, Lounge, Kitchen, Shower Room with WC
First Floor: Two Bedrooms
Ground Floor: Entrance Hall, Lounge,Bathroom with WC
First Floor: Landing & Three Bedrooms
Ground Floor: Entrance Hall, Lounge, Dining Room & Kitchen
First Floor: Three Bedrooms - 1 en-suite shower Room and a Bathroom
Ground Floor: Entrance Hall, Boiler Room with Sauna, Utility x 2, WC and Store Room
First Floor: Landing, Two Bedrooms (one with Kitchenette), Bathroom with WC
Relatively large rear garden
Energy Asset Rating is F.
There will be a Buyer's Administration Fee of £2400 (inc VAT) payable upon exchange of contracts.
1. Interested parties should consult direct with the Local Planning Office: https://www.northlincs.gov.uk/planning-and-environment/
2. Completion will take place 14 days from the date of exchange.
3. The information contained within the Particulars are given in good faith, but all descriptions, statements, dimensions ( these may have come from a third party source e.g. the seller, valuation reports or historic sales particulars), references to condition and permissions for the use and occupation or other details are made without responsibility and should not be relied upon as representation of fact.
4. If a video walk through, or any other form of virtual tour, is provided whilst every effort is made to accurately give an overview of the property we cannot give any warranty concerning the nature, and condition of the property and the suitability thereof for any and all activities and use. The video, or tour, is provided to assist only and without responsibility and should not be relied upon as representation of fact, or replace all appropriate due diligence a prudent purchaser would make.
* Generally speaking Guide Prices are provided as an indication of each seller's minimum expectation, i.e. 'The Reserve'. They are not necessarily figures which a property will sell for and may change at any time prior to the auction. Virtually every property will be offered subject to a Reserve (a figure below which the Auctioneer cannot sell the property during the auction) which we expect will be set within the Guide Range or no more than 10% above a single figure Guide.
By setting a proxy bid, the system will automatically bid on your behalf to maintain your position as the highest bidder, up to your proxy bid amount. If you are outbid, you will be notified via email so you can opt to increase your bid if you so choose.
If two of more users place identical bids, the bid that was placed first takes precedence, and this includes proxy bids.
Another bidder placed an automatic proxy bid greater or equal to the bid you have just placed. You will need to bid again to stand a chance of winning.