The sale plan differs slightly from the original website particulars plan, so please refer to the Legal Pack to confirm the boundaries. The site area is approximately 1.18 Hectares (2.92 Acres)
The land comprises a broadly rectangular plot of land that extends to approximately 1.18 Hectares (2.92 Acres), which is a brownfield site that is situated in an established area for commercial uses.
Subject to obtaining the necessary consents, the property may have development potential, or scope for alternative uses. Interested parties should consult with the Local Planning Office at Allerdale Borough Council. Thus far they have commented in principle and subject to any formal pre-application advice:
The site is clearly brownfield and therefore albeit unoccupied could be classed as an employment site, although there is a small strip of woodland adjacent to the railway. However overall this represents a positive redevelopment opportunity of a redundant site. The site is bordered by the railway on its western boundary, vacant industrial land to the north and commercial development on the opposite side of Solway Rd (A597). Derwent Rd forms the southern boundary which supports mixed residential/commercial uses and a car park serving Kerry park industrial estate. The redevelopment of the former Corus site by Persimmon is located on the opposite side of the railway to the south east of the site. Given the surrounding land uses any B2 proposal has the possible potential for disturbance issues (depending on their individual merits) but Class E (formerly B1) excluding town centre offices , and B8 could be acceptable. Other alternative uses will need to comply with Policy DM3 of the local plan which seeks to protect employment sites.’
Cumbria County Council have established that whilst the eastern boundary of the site is slightly irregular and does not immediately abut the road in total the land between the road and the boundary land forms part of the adopted highway maintainable at public expense (see plan on website).
Situated within the Clayflats industrial estate, which lies adjacent to Solway Road (A597) and approximately 0.75 mile south west from Workington town centre. The area is an established commercial location and has seen continued development in recent years.
The A597 connects directly to the A595, which is the main route running along the west of the County, giving access to Whitehaven to the south and Carlisle to the north west.
There will be a Buyer's Administration Fee of £3000 (inc VAT) payable upon exchange of contracts.
1) The Local Planning Office is Allerdale Brough Council- https://www.allerdale.gov.uk/en/planning-building-control/ & 0303 123 1702.
2) REVENUE CONTRIBUTION The sale of the property does not attract VAT. The successful bid will comprise two elements:
1. The Purchase Price
2. 20% Revenue Contribution on the County Council’s share of the successful bid - in this case the County Council on 69.213% of the area being sold.
For Example: Successful Bid £100,000 Purchase Price (attributed to CCC's share) : £69,213 so Price is £55,370 & Revenue Contribution: £13,843.
This principle will apply to all levels of bids and the purchase price and revenue contribution will be recorded and invoiced separately.
3) The information contained within the Particulars are given in good faith, but all descriptions, statements, dimensions ( these may have come from a third party source e.g. the seller, valuation reports or historic sales particulars), references to condition and permissions for the use and occupation or other details are made without responsibility and should not be relied upon as representation of fact.
4) If a video walk through, or any other form of virtual tour, is provided whilst every effort is made to accurately give an overview of the property we cannot give any warranty concerning the nature, and condition of the property and the suitability thereof for any and all activities and use. The video, or tour, is provided to assist only and without responsibility and should not be relied upon as representation of fact, or replace all appropriate due diligence a prudent purchaser would make.
* Generally speaking Guide Prices are provided as an indication of each seller's minimum expectation, i.e. 'The Reserve'. They are not necessarily figures which a property will sell for and may change at any time prior to the auction. Virtually every property will be offered subject to a Reserve (a figure below which the Auctioneer cannot sell the property during the auction) which we expect will be set within the Guide Range or no more than 10% above a single figure Guide.
By setting a proxy bid, the system will automatically bid on your behalf to maintain your position as the highest bidder, up to your proxy bid amount. If you are outbid, you will be notified via email so you can opt to increase your bid if you so choose.
If two of more users place identical bids, the bid that was placed first takes precedence, and this includes proxy bids.
Another bidder placed an automatic proxy bid greater or equal to the bid you have just placed. You will need to bid again to stand a chance of winning.